The Bliss of Beauty

சந்திரன் முன்வந்து மேனிதன் புண் நீக்கி
பிரமனின் கைகளில் கொடுத்தனனோ!

பார்க்கடல் பாலினில் வெல்லமும் உடன்சேர்த்து
பிரமனும் உன் நிறம் கொணர்ந்தனனோ!

ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் பருத்திகள் பிறந்ததும்
உன் மேனி பேணவே மாய்ந்தனவோ!

இருளும் ஓரிரவுன் கண் மையைக் காணவே
தான் கொண்ட கர்வம் தொலைத்ததுவோ!

மண்ணெலாம் வென்ற அம் மன்னாதி மன்னரும்
நின்பாதம் பார்த்ததும் பணிந்தனரோ!

கள்ளியுனைக் கண்டதும் ஓயாது ஓலமிடும்
காற்றுமே ஓர்கணம் கல்லானதோ!

கவிஞன் அல்லாத இக் கிறுக்கனையும் கொஞ்சம்
கிறுக்க வைத்ததும் உன் குழலோ!

நங்கூரம் கொண்டுதான் நிலையாய் நின்ற என்
நினைப்பை நகற்றியதும் உன் நிழலோ!

What good has the Earth done, to hold thy ground!
What sin have we done, to have known Gold before thou!

All these days, my cribbing of my birth, has finally paid off with thy presence here!
But those coming days when I can’t see thou – what a pain would it be, oh dear!

Wish I were a woman, for I'd love to be competing with thou.
But thankfully I’m not, for I’d just be jealous than writing these in a flow!

Atheism is flawed, for all I know.
And Theism is all about Thou, Thou, and Thou!




This isn’t a good one, I know! That’s an understatement. Agreed. Writing something < 15-20 mins would obviously mean that I was driven to do this, than that I forced myself to.

But I just. couldn’t. resist. writing/scribbling something, no matter it be crap –
just on having been able to witness something, someone -
  • looking so eternal, angelic & even God-ly!
  • spreading an aura of Aurum with a smile that could just define Bliss and put Gold & everything else to shame!
  • who can light up a million other faces not using a wick but with just her smile
  • by whose touch one can definitely attain Salvation!
  • whose presence means that everybody around is blessed
  • whose absence might mean darkness in noon
  • whose description can never be complete by any poet on Earth!

Also, being draped in a typical White-with-a-golden-border-saree, she couldn't've failed to give me an impression that she wasn't celebrating - which ultimately conveys her happiness - and thus mine!

Sigh! Happy Onam, y'all! :{

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tamilian's Tribute to an Apple

Belur & Halebidu - II

Kuru kuru kangalile...